Thin-Film Engineer (m/f)
C4E is searching for a full-time Thin-Film Engineer to join a growing team in a fast-paced environment, developing vacuum-based thin-film coatings. The successful candidate will work with PECVD or PVD deposition equipment, techniques, and thin-film materials. Responsibilities will include process development, operation of coating equipment and interfacing with technical contacts of our customers as part of the development of customer specific coating solutions.
The position requires a 2 year stay in Boulder, CO working with the current CTO. The basic intention is, that the successful candidate will take over the responsibility for the process development and will be deployed in the corporate headquarters in Coburg, Germany.
Two years of work experience are beneficial, applications from university graduates with appropriate study deepening are also welcome.
- Work as a part of the C4E team to develop turn-key solutions for a wide range of coating applications
- Design, develop and review customer coating requirements for qualification of C4E´s hard coatings
- Develop PECVD, CVD and PVD coating processes
- Identify opportunities for improvement of the coating machines
- Perform functional tests to control C4E´s coating systems
- Training of technicians, operators and other appropriate personal on C4E´s equipment
- Support customers on-site and afar, both domestically and internationally
Minimum Requirements / Knowledge / Skill for Thin-Film Engineer Position
- Thin-film related experience required
- Sound knowledge in plasma chemistry, plasma processes and thin-film materials (Dielectrics, Metals, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with industrial control systems and instrumentation
- Project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Periodic travel required
Minimum Education Requirements / Certification / Licensure for Thin-Film Engineer Position
- MS Material Science, Physics, Chemistry or Related Discipline
We are offering
- Excellent income opportunity
- A dedicated technical staff to work with you on all projects
- Office support to help you succeed